- 600 Grand River Ave. | Port Huron, MI 48060
- (810) 987-8811
- info#thecouncilonaging.org (replace # with @)
- The CoA
Supervisor: Jan Hathcock
(810) 387-3720 or 1-800-717-4422
yale#thecouncilonaging.org (replace # with @)
3 First Street
Yale, MI 48097
Click here for a printable calendar:
Apple Pie Days – October 11, 12 & 13 are Apple Pie Days at the Yale Senior Center. Our schedule is as follows:
- October 11 – 12:00 noon set up tables, make mixes & toppings, boxes/labels.
- October 12 – 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. peel & wash apples, assembly & box pies.
- October 13 – 10:00 a.m. if needed, finish pies.
Apple Pie Pick Up – All orders sold in August will be ready for pick up:
- October 12 from 1:00-4:00 p.m. FRESH Pie Pick up (if you don’t want your pie frozen, come pick it up).
- October 13 from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. FROZEN Pie Pick up (all pie orders must be picked up by 4:00 p.m.).
No additional pies will be sold. All extra pies are prepared for Our Annual FEATHER BINGO on December 9. So come and try to win one. We hear it’s worth it.
Secret Agent Party (Halloween) on October 30 at 11:00 a.m. Be a Spy for the Day! Last night Enemy Spies set a trap for all Yale Secret Agents. To survive: use your secret agent badge to enter the building, decode the alarm, deactivate the bomb, solve the case and catch the enemy agents. 12:00 noon Halloween Lunch and 12:30 p.m. Penny Bingo (bring Pennies/25 cents per card). Must RSVP by Wednesday, October 25.
October Craft Classes:
- Cement Pumpkin Craft – two day project on two consecutive Wednesdays, October 18 and October 25 at 1:30 p.m. options include: cement pumpkin with railroad tie stem: 2″ pumpkin (material cost $5) or 7″ pumpkin (material cost $10); cement pumpkin planter (7″ only) (material cost $10); fall mum for planter (additional $4); or painted pumpkin – we can use orange cement dye mixed with the mortar so no painting the pumpkin orange; paint face.
- Needle Felting – October 2 at 12:30 p.m. Beginners Needle Felting. Project: Wool Fall Leaf Bookmark. $3 material cost.
- Painting with Karen – Painting Pansies on Canvas on October 4 at 12:30 p.m. Must register by Monday, October 2. $15 material cost.
- Painting Fall Trees with Karen – October 18 at 12:30 p.m. Must register by Friday, October 13. $15 material cost.
- Crafts by Karen: Pierced Earrings & Necklace on October 25 at 12:30 p.m. Must register by Friday, October 20. $5 material cost.
Feather Fund – HELP us make this a wonderful Feather BINGO by donating to our Feather Fund from November 16 to December 8 any donation to our Feather Fund will be recognized with your name published at our 11th Annual Feather Bingo and at the Yale Senior Center. Donations: $1 Sponsors a Feather for our Turkey; $5 Sponsors a Chicken for our Coop; $10 Sponsors a Turkey for our Pen; and $50 Sponsors a Golden Egg for our Goose. Our goal is to raise enough money to have a turkey for every first prize and a chicken dinner for the second prize. Our final “cover all” will remain a CASH prize. Homemade apple pies made by volunteers will accompany the chicken dinners and be used for consolation prizes. Everyone that BINGO’s will receive at least a frozen homemade pie. Our 11th Annual Feather Bingo is on Saturday, December 9 at the Yale Sacred Heart Catholic Church Hall.
Thanksgiving Celebration on Wednesday, November 22. You must register by November 20 by calling 810-387-3720. At 11:00 a.m. join us for Hobby Horse Races. Bring nickels to bid on a horse, winners receive the nickels. At 12:00 noon we will have our Thanksgiving Dinner with extra trimmings. Everyone is welcome to bring an appetizer or dessert to pass with our delicious turkey dinner. At 12:30 p.m. Penny Bingo. Bring your pennies to play, It is a quarter per bingo card.
November Craft Classes: Perler Bead Craft on November 6 at 12:30 p.m. Project: 3 Dimensional Turkey. You must register by November 3. $4 material cost. Perler Bead Craft on November 20 at 12:30 p.m. Project: Fall Name Tags. You must register by November 16. $4 material cost for a set of 4.
Painting with Karen on November 9 at 12:30 p.m. Painting a winter scene. Must register by November 3. $15 material cost. One Stroke Painting – full rose on November 15 at 12:30 p.m. Must register by November 10. $15 material cost.
Melted Bead Craft on November 27 at 12:30 p.m. Project Candy Cane Ornament. $1 each for material cost or help make for fundraiser.
No-Sew Snowman on November 29 at 12:30 p.m. $5 each for material cost or help make for fundraiser.
Yale Senior Center Daily Schedule
WiFi and Fitness Center open Daily 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
10:00 Wii Bowling
12:30 Uno & Rummy
10:00 Total Rebound
11:00 Coffee Social
8:30 Trip to Port Huron—call 24 hours in advance
9:00 Zumba Gold
11:00 Indoor Shuffleboard
12:30 “Color Me Happy” Adult Coloring
10:00 Total Rebound
12:30 Yahtzee & Dominoes
10:00 Walking Club
11:00 Wii Bowling
11:00 Arthritis Exercise
12:30 Penny Bingo