Click on the drop down menus on the top of the page to learn more about us, our programs, and services.
Please help us serve the seniors in our county at no cost to you! Make your Amazon purchases at smile.amazon.com/ch/38-1876251 and Amazon donates to Council On Aging Inc., Serving St Clair County. We appreciate your support.
2015 – 2016 Annual Report
Title VI & Title VII Rights
It is the vision of the Council on Aging, Inc., serving St. Clair County, that all senior citizens of the County shall be able to live in their homes as long as possible, that the Agency may avail itself of all of the resources, public and private, needed to ensure that all seniors shall be able to receive those services and participate in those activities which will enhance their lives, and that no senior in the County will ever feel that he or she is alone.
The Council on Aging, Inc., serving St. Clair County is a private non-profit, non-sectarian, non-political organization which primarily coordinates programs that promote and safeguard the independence and well-being of the senior citizens (persons sixty years of age and older) of St. Clair County, of the State of Michigan by,
- Providing leadership, consultation, and assistance to interested individuals and/or groups who foster the well-being of the County’s senior citizens;
- Gathering, tabulating, and studying pertinent data relating to senior citizens;
- Disseminating information about services, activities, and programs affecting the social, economic, health, and housing needs of the aging;
- Cooperating and planning with existing governmental and private agencies in order to develop and make available needed resources for senior citizens throughout the County; and
- Providing relevant activities and needed services to all interested senior citizens of the County.
In addition, the Council on Aging may determine those services, activities, and programs which with appropriate and available funding, it could offer to qualified disabled citizens of the County.
OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Deem Boldyreff, President
Dr. Ronald Balboa, First Vice President
Jean McLeod, Second Vice President
Jeanne Criger, Recording Secretary
Robert Tansky, Treasurer
MEMBERS AT LARGE
Hon. James P. Adair
Bonnie L. Landschoot
Hon. John R. Monaghan
Susan L. Throop
Dale E. Tremble
Margaret J. Williams-Riecke
Karen Spagnoli, Port Huron Senior Center Advisory
Betty Walters, Yale Senior Center Advisory
Mary Ellen Lewis, Capac Senior Center Advisory
Ruth Morris, Washington Life Center Advisory
David Haynes, City of Port Huron
Karl Tomion, County Commissioner